There are more than 75 million millennials of working age in America. They now outnumber baby boomers as the country’s largest living generation. And 60 percent of millennials say they’re looking for new employment opportunities.
The companies surveyed more than 398,000 employees and the final rankings were based on three main factors:
- Key Great Place to Work Metrics. Analyzed how positively Millennials rated their organizations on over 50 different metrics defining great workplaces, such as managers’ competence, respect and fairness in the workplace, opportunities for meaningful work, and great colleagues.
- Comparison to Other Generations. Compared Millennials’ survey results to their colleagues’ to ensure Millennials had as positive an experience as people of other generations. Specifically, we looked at an index of factors where Millennials often lag their peers, such as access to meaningful work, fair pay, and plans for a future with their organizations.
- A Consistent Experience within a Diverse Group. Analyzed demographic patterns to ensure that companies were creating great workplaces for all Millennials, regardless of who they are or what they do for the organization.
America’s best workplace for millennials is Ultimate Software. They are an information technology company based in Weston, Florida. The firm has over 3,000 employees, one-third of whom are below the age of 34—and 98 percent of employees feel positively about their workplace.
Top WorkPlaces for Millennials
- Ultimate Software
- SAS Institute
- Quicken Loans
- Encompass Home Health and Hospice
- Point B Inc.
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Veterans United Home Loans
- Zillow Group
To see the remainder of the list, head over to Great Place to Work